If you’d love to have a creative dinner party, unique recipe, or event and would like advice, guidance, or theme development to make it a success, look no further.
Chef Channon consults on:
- Wedding, Birthday, or Celebrations
- Private Dinner for Two or Dinner/Cocktail Parties
- Family Fun
Instead of working for a single restaurant or culinary establishment, I work short-term with those wanting
to a have the benefit of my experience, knowledge, and skill to create memorable food-related events.
- Menu/Recipe Development for your special event or project (think family cookbook or calendar), including custom recipe development
- Instruction, including teaching how to create the recipes in a menu so you can execute the meal yourself or helping you to become more efficient or cost effective in your kitchen
- Theme development including table setting, décor, and service ideas for creative holidays (e.g., Halloween, July 4, Cinco de Mayo, Christmas, Summer Solstice) or special events like fantasy or historical themes (e.g., Bridgerton, Lord of the Rings, Game of Thrones, Knights of the Round Table, Star Trek), Disney or Comic Book themes (e.g., Princess, Cars, Under the Sea, X-Men) even literary or movie themes (e.g., Alice in Wonderland, Harry Potter, 1,000 Leagues Under the Sea)
- Culinary Education Program Development custom designed for adults and children, such as the Future Chefs, Kitchen Commandos, or Spring Break and Summer Programs
- Recipe Development for publications, calendars, and events
- Food Styling and Photography to make your food look its best for photos or video
- Fundraiser Management assistance: does your charity have need of someone to organize, plan, and manage the food-related aspects of a fundraiser? With decades of experience in this field, Chef Channon can help you create a successful AND delicious event.
Why bring in a consultant for these services? Freed from the day-to-day operations of a restaurant or food production facility, she can bring a fresh set of eyes and a new perspective into a kitchen to help you make your food both creative and delicious. With decades of hands-on experience in commercial, residential, and educational settings, Chef Channon offers a unique skillset that you will have access to.
Fees are commensurate with the project, but typically reflect an hourly or daily rate, in addition to any materials or consumables, such as recipe ingredients, in the process of developing the work.
Contact Chef Channon here to make arrangements or arrange a time to discuss opportunities to learn.
People love working with Chef Channon!
I was looking for a unique event to celebrate a recent birthday. Channon came highly recommended by a trusted friend of mine. Meeting with Channon was very fascinating! She is so knowledgeable about so many different cuisines. I wanted to showcase her extensive expertise in the area of historic food and decided to go with her recommendations for foods originating in 16th C Turkey.
She prepared a banquet of slow roasted leg of lamb, rice and lentil pilaf, saffron turnip pickles, walnut baklava with orange flower syrup, and Turkish coffee and tea all recipes based on her work in ancient Turkish cuisine. My Mom was rather uncertain if she would like the food since it was different from what she usually eats. At the end of the dinner, my Mom had gone back not only for seconds, but for a third helping—she loved the food that much. Another guest is a diabetic and told me after dinner that when he checked his blood glucose, it was much lower than it usually was after dinner. He also was uncertain about whether he’d enjoy the unusual flavors. At the end of the evening, he was looking at purchasing one of the spice mixes Channon had brought along and used on the lamb she prepared!
Channon has a definite gift of taking food from antiquity into the modern day and bridging the centuries. I highly recommend working with her to create an event that will not only be remembered—it will be enjoyed!
Karen Vogelmann, Business Coach